i dont have much money and need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hurdledude1298

AC Members
Feb 2, 2005
michigan
the thing is is that the betta and that gourami get along fine they always are by each other (not due to lack of size) and the gourami never chases the betta they act like friends.

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I'm sorry, but are you even listening to what anybody is telling you? Please don't ask for advice if you're not going to heed it. You waste everyone else's time, and just contribute to the carpel tunel from typing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care of your first tank before you going out looking to torture more fish.

One more thing..............I'm sorry to say it, but this is not a hobby for people that don't have money. I understand not everyone is willing to spring for the top of the line equipment, but there is a certain ammount that does need to be spent. Basically, the hobby isn't cheap.

Last edited:

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
Okay, here are my very serious recommendations. Keep the betta, and ghost shrimp in one 10 gallon tank. You could actually add a small school of pygmy Cry cats into that as well. Say 4 Pygmy Corydoras.

Put each pair of gourami into their own 20 gallon long tank. Plant these 3 tanks pretty heavily, as these fish are very territorial and will kill their own kind (including their fellow labyrinth fish, bettas) as they grow older and establish territory. In these tanks you could keep a small school of some other type of fish if you wanted; faster and larger tetras (head and tail light, congo, etc.)

I would identify what type of frog you have. Is it an African Clawed Frog or an African DWarf frog or something else altogether? Also, I would take the chinese algae eater back to the store. They don't eat algae as they grow older, they get too aggressive, and they get too big.

This is honestly what I would do, because as it stands now you are being cruel to your fish to have that many of those type of fish in one ten gallon tank.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
You have too many fish for a tank that size. All of the gouramis are too big. They cannot/should not be housed in a tank that size. Adult gouramis will be 5-6" long!! If by "pink" gouramis you mean kissing gouramis, those get even bigger! Not only that gouramis are not compatible with each other, especially in small quarters, which your tank certainly is.

Get rid of the gouramis, keep the betta, frog and shrimp. If your algae eater is a chinese algae eater, flying fox, or siamese algae eater, it will also become too large. If it is a pleco of some sort, it is also too large. Otocinclus catfish are smaller algea eaters that would be more appropriate (and only one or two). You will need to supplement any algae eater with algae wafers and/or veggies.

EDIT: While Harlocks intentions were good - You *cannot* keep congo tetras in a ten gallon. They will be 3-5" a piece and require a lot of room, plus they are fairly delicate.

Kasakato

SatCan
Sep 24, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I would try to give away or sell some of the fish, if you cant do what Harlock said. As it stands your tank is SUPER overstocked and you will run into some problems. Your tank may not look filled but thats just the way it is.

What kind of filter do you have, how often do your water changes, have you tested your water?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store