I feal really bad (long post)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nynikki

"Would you like to play a game?"
Aug 7, 2007
Phoenix
Oh the horror of it all! This is like telling scary stories around the camp fire.

Cory Keeper

LED Guru of Aquaria Central
Aug 7, 2007
thats what scares me about the python, too powerful for what I need. Needless to say this is going to be one mistake I never make again.

Oh and to add insult to injury it looks like I'm going to have to put down Osiris, Another danio who does nothing but stay in one corner. I was hoping he was going to perk up about 2 weeks ago but doesn't look like thats going to happen.

flickafish

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Massachusetts
Yeah, you gotta watch out for those Pythons. More than once, I've been happily vacuuming away, when I look down and see one of my little Corys start to get sucked in.....yikes!! :eek3: Thank God, no fatalities yet....

Jaysn

AC Members
Jan 16, 2007
I put a piece of plastic cross-stitch fabric in the end of my python to keep fish, snails, or whatever from being sucked up. I took a square that was a bit larger than the opening, and cut it to fit. It doesn't seem to effect suction, and gives me piece of mind that I won't send a fish down the drain inadvertently.

pcnicholson

3 more tanks to bankruptcy!
Apr 2, 2007
Mesquite, TX
I bought some cories this weekend and was getting them set up in a little acrylic box I use to drip acclimate them. Had a bit too much water in the box, so I put my fingers over the opening and tipped out some water. Thought I had it covered enough, but ended up with a cory slipping through and down the drain. :( I ripped out the trap and found him alive in some soapy water. Rinsed him off real quick and dropped him in the tank (figured I couldn't possibly stress him out more) Well, he seems fine now (since I can't tell him apart from the others) No weird behavior or anything. Keeping my fingers crossed.

yogias

www.justgiving.com/susanmoseley
Jan 23, 2007
West Wales, UK
i once lost one of my yoyo loaches, hunted everywhere for him. I decided that he had died, and the Pleco had consumed him.....until i moved an imitation rock ornament. Out plopped the seriously decayed corpse of said Yoyo. He must have swam in the last time i moved the rock and I had imprisoned him...truely gutted...
:barf:

jencheung

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One of the first fish I owned was a rainbow shark. He staked out a corner of the tank with an artificial (and hollow) rock ornament as his territory and often spent his time inside of the ornament. He mysteriously disappeared one day and I didn't see him for two weeks despite practically tearing the tank apart during water changes to look for him. I decided to take the rock ornament out because I was afraid that he had gotten stuck in it and died and was afraid to lose other fish that way. After pulling it out of the tank I shook it to get the excess gravel out and then put it down on a towel on the floor. I finished filling the tank back up, looked down and saw him out on the towel, still twitching! I scooped him up and dropped him back in the tank where he swam off to his corner. He had gotten himself wedged into the rock that he had obviously outgrown and couldn't get out - I must have shaken him loose when I took it out. Unfortunately he had about a 30 degree bend to him from being wedged in the rock and never straightened back out. He only lived for about a month after that...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store