i got this free... hehehe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
can anyone tell me anything i don't or might want to know about it?
if not enjoy... as far as i see it's my crown jewel plants wise and most people can't seem to find it.

correct me if i'm wrong but as i see it it's mini pellia as seen here: http://www.theteh.com/html/mini_pellia_coral_moss.html

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Hmmmm, where's mine?

:D

Kristina

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
this has no veins in it when looked up close through a light and in over a year has only grown bigger than my thumb, but smaller than 2 thumbs. it also does not float at all. i don't think it's water lettuce. i do have to start acting like i can figure out a camera... i am too lazy for that though. sorry.

kyryah... the tank it's in has a footprint of 36" wide by 18" deep. once that's completely covered (i'm thinking about 25yrs lol) i'll start selling it. so far you get the only freebie though. :dance: sorry buddy, but i really like this plant and cannot find anymore anywhere. when i find it it has just been sold for $20-$30 for a portion the size of 2 dimes... sometimes plus shipping. i have no idea if that sounds right but can't seem to find anything that says otherwise other than other people who think that's ridiculous like i do but don't have any.

edit: oh and it grows REAL SLOW... my java moss has taken over that tank from a couple strings in the last month or 2. this thing has been in there from the beginning from what i can see as i spotted it on one of the first rocks i ever put in there and attached to rooted moss on the opposite end of the tank.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Fissidens?

* edit* scratch that. Just looked at those pics of the Pellia. That is gorgeous!! Nice score!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
kyryah... the tank it's in has a footprint of 36" wide by 18" deep. once that's completely covered (i'm thinking about 25yrs lol) i'll start selling it. so far you get the only freebie though. :dance: sorry buddy, but i really like this plant and cannot find anymore anywhere.
Awww, you should know I was just picking on you ;) It is a really neat find, you told me about it before. It looks a lot like the lichens that you see on rocks in the woods, very different.

Kristina

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
thanks guys. here's another pic for size reference. the whole plant is in there, i just cropped very close. i do have a couple more though from retrieveing it from my moss.

edit: you just posted kyr, so i didn't see that but i don't want to clog up too much. but i was not kidding although i knew you were. if i have enough success and still know you there's some for you. i know you want it. :evil_lol:

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
In my humble and nonexpert opinion, it looks very like the plant pictured in the link you gave. I think you might have the right ID, but like I said, I am no expert. At first I was thinking subwassertang (aka round pelia aka German moss), but looking at pics again and thinking about how slowly you said it grows, I am leaning toward it not being subwassertang.

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
I don't pretend to be any plant expert either lol
But based on the link it looks like you hit the nail on the head

especially since the rate of growth like you mentioned is extremely slow

nice score :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store