I guess I missed this step

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MardieJane

AC Members
Apr 19, 2017
Central Florida
Camera Used
Cannon eos 5d markII
So, I have been posting a couple weeks now but had my blinders on and only focused on the newbie part. Didn't know there was an introduce yourself thread.

I had a photography Studio for about 7 years and was part of a very serious forum of professionals. If you were a newbie you stayed in your area. Lol I never minded questions that had nothing to do with what we were discussing. Saw it as a fun distraction to remember when I was new.
So anyway, didn't want to post in the wrong spot and figured the newbie section was there for a reason. Somehow while surfing around I missed these threads toward the bottom.

I think I have a long road ahead and or need to give up and just lurk for awhile.
I posted my tap water test in the newbie forum under the question
Won't babies make your tank constantly overstocked?
Turns out I have really crappy water coming out of my tap so I may just have a pretty planted tank with a a Nerite snail and a few ghost shrimp... but no fish

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Hi. Feel free to wander, we don't section off our newbies. ;) Just try not to resurrect old threads. We'll get your water situation figured out, don't despair. And what's wrong with a planted tank with only snails and shrimp? *Looks at her 2 main tanks with nothing in them but snails and shrimp that have been setup for many months*

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
All your previous posts will be deleted due to the late introduction.

I'm kidding! Welcome!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I think the beginners section being there is a service as much to the forum regulars as it is to the new fish keepers. It helps us not miss a basic question we can answer. I tend not to look in some of the other sections that I have no experience or interest in, so basic question there would go unnoticed by me.

Welcome

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

MardieJane

AC Members
Apr 19, 2017
Central Florida
Camera Used
Cannon eos 5d markII
Thank you. It was nice to have someone understand the crazy problem I'm having with my tap water. My family just sort of stares at me like what's the big deal? Lol
There is wealth of information here but often it is very old. I realize sometimes you have to keep reading because a newer thread may have updated information or new solutions to old problems.

Seems my post about being overstocked has turned into a quality of water issue. Don't know how to move that to a new thread to see what kind of crazy water problems others are dealing with that can't make the decision to buy RO system. Bottled water certainly isn't a solution but I'm going to try a couple of out of the box things. Figure it can't torture the shrimp any more than they have been... I hope

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
You can't be doing to badly since shrimp are more sensitive to water quality than fish generally are. If they are doing well I wouldn't worry to much, and instead have a bit of skepticism about the test results. You can tell by observation what is working and what needs improvement just as much as by test kit. Even laboratory grade tests have to be calibrated, and the hobby tests are known to be less precise and have a bigger range of ambiguity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store