I hate Cardinal/Neon Tetras!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Digital

IC3D
Nov 18, 2007
Fairfield County, CT
www.ic3d.net
Real Name
Marc Digital

FreshWtrMermaid

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
I have no idea what kind of cats they are. they are small like 1 inch. they just called them albino cats. they dont have long whiskers though. should I post a pic? I want more tetras and hope they will lay eggs but i wont plan on it if the cats will get them.

Last edited:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I have no idea what kind of cats they are. they are small like 1 inch. they just called them albino cats. they dont have long whiskers though. should I post a pic? I want more tetras and hope they will lay eggs but i wont plan on it if the cats will get them.
Pics are always helpful but I would suggest posting a new thread to identify your catfish.:)

fwiffo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2007
i have never tried my hand at cardinal tetras. perhaps i should. i have heard they are fragile but i wonder if that has more to do with water quality and other fish in the aquarium.

lazyNode

AC Members
Oct 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I heard that cardinals are more stable than neons as they are not overbred as much.

But both species do take a while to acclimatise to the tank.

And like any other tetras, they are the first to show signs if the tank is in biological danger.

Canary in a coal mine, I always say.

janetdc1

AC Members
Aug 25, 2007
web.me.com
I added 10 neons to my cycled tank a 4 months ago- every day for 8 days I would turn on the light and get the one dead neon out- it was like the "daily fish death"-
I still have the final 2 survivors 4 months later- somewhere in there I tried to add a few more because they are supposed to be schooling fish but sure enough the new ones all died within days- so I have mutt and jeff in there who seem happy as clams with my platies and mollies. I'm not trying to add any more- they seem content. Out of all my fish though, the calico angel, the beautiful black molly, and some other beauties, it seems to be the two little tetras that draw people's attention! they always say- "ohhh- I love that bright blue one- what is that?"
J

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I find that cardinals are hit and miss. Sometimes you can buy 20 and not lose a single one. Other times, they will all die. Not sure of why this is the case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store