I have a 20 long, what to use it for?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
think bigger tank first.

My suggestion was based on my own plan, for a 12L aquarium with a 40g as a sump. I don't want to come across as the tang police, but you are going significantly overboard.

If you want simpler, maybe a warted anglerfish would be cool to feed and show friends.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
think bigger tank first.

My suggestion was based on my own plan, for a 12L aquarium with a 40g as a sump. I don't want to come across as the tang police, but you are going significantly overboard.

If you want simpler, maybe a warted anglerfish would be cool to feed and show friends.
I agree. I would do something simple, like corys, mollys, platys etc.

WDQESGRDHTFJYD1

Registered Member
Mar 31, 2021
Hmmm... well in my experience with two peas (Male and Female) if you keep them well fed and with lots of hiding spots they are pretty peaceful. To keep from spawning try doing only females you can tell gender with the little wrinkles on their eyes. If you don't want pea puffers because of your experience thats cool as well.

WDQESGRDHTFJYD1

Registered Member
Mar 31, 2021
Killifish and Shellies are also good fresh options but shell dwellers wouldn't allow plants. SW maybe sea horses or a mangrove tank.

Reactions: Sprinkle

WDQESGRDHTFJYD1

Registered Member
Mar 31, 2021
Ok well you might not be able to spawn them and keep them in the tank or spawn them at all to keep aggression down. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not big on breeding fish so don't have much knowledge on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store