i need fish to clean up fish waste. suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tyler

safety...
Nov 28, 2002
Fargo, ND
www.angelfire.com
nice physics, wetman.

is there anything that could just keep the bottom stirred up so the fish waste wasn't quite so visible? my friend just put in a sand bottom on his oscar tank, and the waste is very noticable contrasting against the light colored sand.

or would vacuuming be the only/best method?

thank you

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Potential energy becomes kinetic when it's processed.

I have kuhli's in a sand tank-they keep it stirred up fairly well. Of course, an oscar's waste may be bigger than the kuhli...

Putting a small powerhead so it blows over the surface of the sand will help---the solid waste will be kept up in the water column and pulled into your mechanical filtration quicker.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yeah that suck there is no fish that eat feces of other fish but then if he eat his own he would always be stuck to his @$$ oh and if you guys are going to do sybols for badwords at least do it write do snails eat $#!%???

vfrex

AC Members
Feb 26, 2002
New Jersey
Good news, I got a 90 on my thermodynamics test in AP Physics...woo!

Um, 1 thing to note: there have been times when my fish pass out feces that seem like unprocessed food. I know a krill when I see one, and I saw one wrapped up in oscar poo. My pleco readily tore the poo apart to get to the krill. Although disguisting, perhaps overfeeding fish will cause undigested food to be passed out with the feces, providing enough nourishment for bottom feeders?

Its easier just to feed the damn thing directly tho.:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store