Ices’ 46 bow front

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Really nice!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Just ordered my first fish for the tank. A dozen Kubotai rasboras.

more plants coming too.
Golden nesaea
Weeping moss
Lobelia cardinalis

plan on putting the weeping moss in a glass pot that attached to the tank side and let it droop down.
Pics when it’s set up

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice

Got some Kubotai Rasboras.
Do you guys think the flow is to strong or will it be ok?

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan

Got some Kubotai Rasboras.
Do you guys think the flow is to strong or will it be ok?
Is there a calm spot underneath the current where the fish can get out of the current? If the fish have to fight that current 24/7 it might be a little much, IMO.

WYite

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Yeah I turned it down some and there is a low flow area but they all just hang there instead of using the whole tank. Maybe as they grow they might?

the other problem is now my co2 bubbles are flowing up quicker and not as dispersed throughout the tank . I have the diffuser the opposite end of the spray bar. Should I move it under the spray bar? If so is there a limit to how much hose from the regulator to the diffuser?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, WYite beat me to the question of a lower flow area for the new rasboras to rest in. They don't seem too stressed right now, but if that level of current is constant they might get tired...I haven't kept those so I don't really know...

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would normally disburse the outflow from the filter more than turning it down.. if you have an area where flow is lower the chances is the fish will work up to swimming more in the open water.

For CO2, I would personally use an inline reactor as it will give the best dissolved gas... Making sure that it is disbursed through the tank is another matter which should probably be enough anyway.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I would normally disburse the outflow from the filter more than turning it down.. if you have an area where flow is lower the chances is the fish will work up to swimming more in the open water.

For CO2, I would personally use an inline reactor as it will give the best dissolved gas... Making sure that it is disbursed through the tank is another matter which should probably be enough anyway.
So this came with a good amount of attachable spray bar attachments. Would you just put them all together and put it on the back wall? I know the bigger the bar the lower the flow strength but still the high turnover. Flow would just be back to front instead of side to side

mom that case where would you put your diffuser. I’m not ready for a reactor yet. Just bought the new diffuser.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
yes, the longer the spraybar, the les currrent in the aquarium. If feeling handy, you can always split the return hose and have multiple spraybars (or jets) its all a matter of opinion and preference.

if using a diffuser, I would likely position it as low down as possible, positiin it as close as possible to below the first hole from the spraybar (closest to the filer) assuming just one of them, and finally I would have the spraybar pointing maybe 30 degrees downwards to force the CO2 bubbles to stay in the water longer.

Reactions: IceH2O

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
yes, the longer the spraybar, the les currrent in the aquarium. If feeling handy, you can always split the return hose and have multiple spraybars (or jets) its all a matter of opinion and preference.

if using a diffuser, I would likely position it as low down as possible, positiin it as close as possible to below the first hole from the spraybar (closest to the filer) assuming just one of them, and finally I would have the spraybar pointing maybe 30 degrees downwards to force the CO2 bubbles to stay in the water longer.
Appreciate the help. So my co2 tank is on the opposite side of the tank from the filter. I can lengthen the hose from the co2 tank to the diffuser to get the diffuser on the other side. Not enough room to move the filter.
Is there a max distance of hose that you can use from tank to diffuser before it’s to much?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store