Ick???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
I got a few new discus and clown loaches for my tank and QTed them for almost 3 weeks with no incident. I moved them into the main tank and one of the new discus was acting strange right away, hiding and staying in the caves etc. The last few days he is back to normal eating like crazy but I noticed two white spots on his dorsal fin. They look a little large to be ick, is there any chance it's ick considering the lengthy QT and the high temp (86+)? If not what could it be?

Thanks-Jason

mooman

Scratch my belly Human!
Mar 8, 2005
Columbus, OH
Bubbles? sometimes they can stick to fins for awhile after introduction. I wouldn't expect ich at that temp either.

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
maybe the very beggining of finrot or mouthrot, my angel is VERY prone to this

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
I saw this once before on another discus and never really figured out what it was, I treated the tank for ick to be safe but the white spots were kind of absorbed.

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
your probably ok, if anyone in that tank is gonna get ich its the clown loaches first, they are a scaleless fish and therfore and is very common for them to get ich if the water paramaters are not kept optimal.. its most likely small fin rot or he just scratched his fin on something, can you take a picture....

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
one of my female angels just got done spawning..she has large white patches on her doral fin..I thought oh great..fungus from the stress of spawning..this morning when I got up the spots were gone.. :huh:

keep an eye on it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store