ID help?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Sorry, FishAddict74. I've been busy of late. I can't place it specifically with any Aulonocara species The big thing throwing me off is the yellow edging on the dorsal and anal fins. I'm guessing it's either an uncommon species/variety of peacock, most likely of the A. stuartgrantii group, or an Otopharynx/Aulonocara hybrid.

WYite

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Sorry, FishAddict74. I've been busy of late. I can't place it specifically with any Aulonocara species The big thing throwing me off is the yellow edging on the dorsal and anal fins. I'm guessing it's either an uncommon species/variety of peacock, most likely of the A. stuartgrantii group, or an Otopharynx/Aulonocara hybrid.

WYite
No worries man, I’ve been busy too, it’s kinda nice getting back to the rat race lol
My friend that gave it to me gets his fish from a wholesaler that just sells them as assorted. I’d imagine that your second guess of hybrid is probably right. If it helps, it’s pretty big, about 6.5-7”

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
6.5"-7.0" is big for a peacock. If I'm remembering right, only A. jacobfriebergi and A. rostratus usually get that big. I'm gonna look at a couple of other books. I may have been thinking this out all wrong. I'm still kinda leaning toward a hybrid, and at that size, probably with an extreme expression of hybrid vigor.

WYite

Reactions: FishAddict74

Hobbyist 4 Life

AC Members
Nov 21, 2022
Blue Dragon blood with yellow fin stripe for some reason. It's just some random species of Aulonocara. There's only 22 species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store