ID this anemone please ...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Keep trying different foods. The clowns aren't benefiting the anemone at this point and no, they don't "feed" the anemone. They should be fed separately from the fish to truly get "enough" and actually do well.

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
man it drives me nuts , i tried to put some raw shrimp in its mouth but no reaction at all ...

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Should only need to get the food to it tentacles and they'll attach to the food. Any way that's how mine feeds.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Should only need to get the food to it tentacles and they'll attach to the food. Any way that's how mine feeds.
That's true, Greg, but only for healthy animals. Unhealthy ones will not have a proper prey capture response, unfortunately.

In any case, owl, don't put food in the mouth or you risk damaging it. Always try to sit it on the tentacles. If it doesn't accept one food, try others (silversides, clam, squid, mysis shrimp--anything). If that doesn't work, you can only provide appropriate conditions, including lighting, flow, substrate, etc. and hope for the best.

carribear

AC Members
Nov 24, 2008
Cali
My rose didn't eat at first either and the things that worked with it eventually were the super smelly things like clams and squid. Not sure, but it's worth a try. Also, my clown steals from my anenome, he doesn't feed him. Just a thought.

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
thnx guys i know i tried to put the food on tentacles but he didn t catch it and the tried to put it near the mouth but no reaction .... i don wanna lose it , the clarki love it so much .... will try again lata today

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
I think I would just watch it for a few days. They can act strange at times.

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
I think I would just watch it for a few days. They can act strange at times.
yup Greg , gonna watch it few more days and will try again , if it continue like this gonna give it away ....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store