Ideas for a 29gal goldfish tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Minxnfella

Registered Member
Dec 19, 2002
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
goldfish tales.....

Hiya,
Well I know you've already got your natural substrate, but I would really recommend darker substrate! I have 3 sarossa comet gf and they are now in with blue and black gravel, against a black background and they look fabulous!

As for the plants...just pond weed. 85p a bunch in the UK (I don't know whereabouts you are) and the fish don't destroy it too much. They eat the algae off it but that's about it now, and with the light on it it's growing!

The gf are in about an 18 gallon *UK* tank with about 15 minnows, and they're doing brilliantly!

As for the gravel....I think you'll find you don't need to clean it all that much as the fish eat anything and everything except their poo, which gets sucked into the filter right? Certainly algae isn't a problem or wasted food , or maybe that's just my fish? These aare of course the fish that headbutt the side of the tank when they decide theyre hungry....or if you put your hand in decide thats dindins too! Bruce Penelope and Lolita, my lil babies!

I've not got all that much experience with fish having only started on the fish thing in the summer but I know that my goldfish are certainly much more entertaining than the guppies...but that's another story. My only regret is that after 3 cycles and loads of moves and temperatures soaring and falling that they might not make the 20 years I'd hoped, but hopefully they'll live to see a bigger, much bigger tank!

OOOH, and they love playing in the bubbles!!!!!!!

Rook Bartley

I love Pork Roll
Sep 8, 2000
Welp, its all setup!

I wound up with 1 Moor, 3 Ryunkins, 1 Lion head. All about 1" in size. Had them for almost 2 weeks and no casualties yet. They are really lovely and have some personality. The one thing I like about the goldfish is that they are not shy! They don't dart away when I walk near the tank!

Oh yeah, I have a 12" bubble wand thing and a few silk plants. The silk plants were much more expensive than the regular plastic ones, but IMO, I think they were worth it. The Rena air pump is great too as its very quite. Almost too quite!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store