Identification Please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
Red Flatworms. I have a ton of them in my Xenia Scrubber tank. I have heard they are not too bad. I have none in the main 75g SPS display due to the 2 Leopard Wrasses.

Red Oscellated Dragonettes tend to eat them as well. I added one to the 29g Xenia Scrubber a couple weeks ago and their numbers are dropping.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Yup, red Acoels (Convolutriloba spp.)--not really considered a true flatworm anymore--cool, but troublesome nonetheless. If biological controls fail, there is also a product called Flatworm Exit by Salifert that works well. Just be sure to follow the instructions--I can't stress the pre-siphoning of worms enough if you decide to go this route.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
The problem is that they release toxins in the water when they die, so getting them out of the tank is the best thing.

I've tried flatworm exit and it worked very well.

I hear that wrasses eat flatworms as well.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
The leopards and coris wrasses work very well on natural control of these flatworms. I don't have any in my system and I have several wrasses in my DT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store