If only these fit in aquariums :/

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
this thread made me spend 20 min on you tube the video of the diver with the live one was so cool

you could barely see the fish

Jalo Reefa'

master of non-specific gravity
Feb 19, 2009
what a fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
What would be so cool is if one could actually travel back 200 years when the oceans were pristine to see exactly what sailors were talking about in regards to sea monsters.

I am so sure that if one of these came swimming by it would have so freaked them out, imagine a 55 foot fish like that crazy

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
I would be afraid it would eat me in my sleep... the limitations of being aquatic obvously wouldn't stand in its way
Only eats algae :]

Nothing is impossible. Especially with Photoshop. lol
Definitely real

did they kill it...? :(
It was dying, even if they hadn't found it, it'd be dead on the shore/eaten. They live in deep water, once in shallow water, you know it's dying

What would be so cool is if one could actually travel back 200 years when the oceans were pristine to see exactly what sailors were talking about in regards to sea monsters.

I am so sure that if one of these came swimming by it would have so freaked them out, imagine a 55 foot fish like that crazy

Or even further back in time to prehistoric era! :]

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Oarfish are large, greatly elongated, pelagic Lampriform fish comprising the small family Regalecidae. Found in all temperate to tropical oceans yet rarely seen, the oarfish family contains four species in two genera. One of these, the king of herrings (Regalecus glesne), is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest bony fish alive, at up to 11 metres (36 ft) in length
WOW!

the largest recorded specimen of Regalecus russelii measured just 5.5 centimeters standard length. It is probable that this little-known species can regularly reach a maximum length of at least 15.2 meters (50 ft).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store