I'm Back and Help Me Come Up with Some Stock Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Do you guys think I could put 1 inch petricolas in with my calvus, which are pretty much full grown? Obviously they would be going in the tank first and have lots of hiding spots. I wasn't considering any so small but I can buy a dozen on AB for 60 shipped.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Ok, so here's what I'm doing. I located a source for cyps that has basically everything I want to get except the petricola, which are coming from aquabid.

4-5 Yellow Calvus coming from my other tank
6 Transcriptus Bemba
8 Speciosus
12 Cyp. sp. Kerenge Island
12 Petricola (this high number isn't permanent)

The julies, lamps, and cyps are coming from SI Cichlids in Staten Island. If anybody needs tangs, this guy has incredible prices, all of his breeders are WC, and he's really nice and informative to boot. I had a nice chat with him on the phone earlier.

Oh, and I do have 1 giant checkered rainbow that's coming from my tank being broken down with the calvus. He'll be in here too, at least temporarily.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Sounds like a cool stock list! Just remember to keep an eye on the Julidochromis as you'll still likely need to thin the numbers if breeding starts.

Interested to see the speciosus, haven't seen those before.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Check em out on google. The owner of SI told me to try them because I wanted meleagrise, telling me that his are slightly bigger now and would deal with calvus and julies better. The common name is black occies instead of pearly like meleagrise. I like them a little more too, so it's a win-win.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Nice stock. Looks like things are coming together nicely.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Same here aj sorry to hear about your family.. As for the stock list it sounds good.. Yeah I have no Tang's or Malawi's at all maybe one of these days I will get back into them but for now I am getting my BAP ( breeders award program ) with South and Central Americans, along with Catfish, Rainbow Fish, Barbs and Killi's out of the way, More like a few years on keeping these guys..

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Got all of the fish from SI today. I'm delaying adding the calvus because I'm a bit worried about the male trying to munch on my cyps...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store