I'm back in the hobby...I hope.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Hey Folks,
I'm back into the reef hobby after a 3 year lull. I kept the tank going, but not thriving. One old (6yrs, maybe older)and scarred hippo tang remains. He lost most of his color, but still eats well. I've got the halides and actinics going again and he seems healthier already(could be the massive water changes). Had to break out the The Reef Aquarium book because I retained nothing I'd learned. That's why I appreciate this forum. I've been on many forums in the past and most seemed to be riddled with primadonnas more interested in flaming the uninformed (like myself) than passing along their knowledge. I see none of that here; only good people willing to help.

I started in reefkeeping about 9 years ago when I quit work to stay home with the kids. Things went well for years, but I lost interest and time when my wife's 'honeydo' lists turned into major home improvements. I sold or gave away many corals and great fish. The home improvements are now finished so back I go into the expensive reefkeeping hobby. My kids are both teenagers now and I hope benefited from the 'old man' catering to their every whim. Once they're more independent, I'll re-enter the workplace, but until then I'm going to enjoy my hobby.
Take care,
Tom

doggiestlist

AC Members
Oct 19, 2006
welcome back tom im also new to this forum and so far everyone has been very freindly ..im sure your little tang will also be thankfull that your getting back..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store