Incredible score and thinking about stock list!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Hey all, as most of you know Hooked Newbie and I will be moving in together right before the wedding, and thus consolidating many of our fish. :D Well, yesterday we ran across a 125 gallon tank, stand, and canopy in the reef club forum, and when we found out that the guy would take $350 for it delivered, well naturally we jumped on it! The tank is supposed to be delivered in a few hours. :thm:

Originally we were planning on a 75 or 90 gallon and we thought we had the stock list pretty well tweaked, but with the much larger footprint of the 125 (72"x18"), we thought we'd get some opinions. The tank will be planted with tough plants and lots of driftwood, and filtration will be two Rena XP3's and one Rena XP2.

Here's the stocklist of fish that we already have. These are definite plans so please, no suggestions of cutting anything out here.

1 female festivum, ~4 in.
Rotkeil severum pair, ~7 in. each
15x rummynose tetra
6x red and blue columbian tetra
6x diamond tetra
6x snakeskin barb
12x assorted (smaller) loaches
1 clown pleco

Our first thought was to increase the schools of tetras to about 15-20 each. We'd love to do the same for the barbs but that may not be a possibility... the ones I have are the only ones I've seen in person and I bought the only ones the store had.

Another thought we had was to add two medium angels from one of HN's other tanks to the 125 list, but I'm not sure how they would do with the festivum. Anyone that has tried keeping them together, please advise! :) We are also open to suggestions of interesting fish that we haven't listed or mentioned.

So let's hear some opinions! What would you all do? Thanks for looking and we'll get some pics up in this thread once the tank arrives, so stay tuned.:thm:

dog_gone07

Feesh
Jan 2, 2009
CT, USA
I'm way too much of a newbie to suggest stocking, but great deal on the 125! Congrats!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Grats! I think you could easily get away with 15 columbians and diamonds. Did you have any particular loaches in mind? :)

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
The loaches will be coming from a pair of my 55s. Mahnerti, Robusta, and Lochata.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Grats! I think you could easily get away with 15 columbians and diamonds. Did you have any particular loaches in mind? :)
Glad he answered that, since I had absolutely no idea what the mahnertis and robustas were!!! But yes, those are already at the house so a definite inclusion. :)

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
corydoras???

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Still waiting on the delivery. Not looking great at this point. We're getting a bit disappointed at the moment. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store