Inline Siphon Primer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jurupari Man

The Masked Tortilla
May 29, 2001
New York, NY
I'm planning to speed up tank draining a bit during water changes, so was going to use a Sicce pump in my tub to pull water out of my tank. My plan was to hook the Python water changing hose to the pump's intake side, which I've already accomplished, but in order to prime the pump I'll need some way to get the siphon going. Obviously sticking my mouth on the output of the pump is not a viable (or appealing) option. I was going to try one of those Python squeeze things, but I don't know if they are designed to work inline. I know one end is barbed and the other is not. Could I just swap out the straight end for a barbed fitting? Or is there some other nifty gadget that would accomplish what I'm going for?

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I put the pump in the tank, screw the pyhon into the output and then pump into a toilet. I have pumps where I had to adapt them tp wpork thit the garden hose size connection thats the pythons use. I refill tanks using drinking water hose from a few larger Rubbermaid 32 and 20 gal heavy duty trash cans. Pump in the can other end of hose with a sprinkler type head in the tank. I have a variety of pumps sizes as some tanks I pump out a window a few feet away.

Jurupari Man

The Masked Tortilla
May 29, 2001
New York, NY
Yeah, I could put the pump in the tank but would prefer not to - too messy that way. Much more convenient to have the pump in the tub and pull the water out. Plus then I could use the python to spot clean accumulated fish poop. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store