Invert ID

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

votek

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
There is a dark colored slug-looking invert crawling on my glass. It looks black and greyish with small white tenticles, almost like spines that it appears to move with. It is worm-shaped and VERY slow moving.

Any ideas?

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Yeah probably a bristleworm. There's alot of species and probably many dozens in your tank. Good things. Help stir up the sand bed. There's a good article right now over in www.reefcentral.com/ that you can check out if you want to learn more.

votek

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
I've looked in every book I know and I've nor found a picture of what Im looking at.

Its NOT a bristleworm. Not only does it not behave like one, but it does not have the same characteristics.

THe worm is very fat, probably 1/4 of an inch in diamete. The white tenticles are not small and planced in even rows. They are randomly asorted on his body and they are long, probably nother 1/4 inch in length. THey are white and fade to black down on the body.

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
It's some kind of Nudibranch. I have one in my tank that is kinda greenish-brown, spiky and crawls on the glass. Probably some long lost twin brother =)

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
I'm with Corax, it's probably a nudibranch. What does it eat?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store