is gorilla glue safe to use for fragging,and what types of super glue are safe for fragging.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
i've used krazy super glue to glue some things in my tank and never once had a problem but i have never tried it for fragging. im kinda nervous, i've heard about people using super glue to frag but not sure on what brand, so i havent tried using the krazy brand yet but have used it in my tank.i've also heard that gorilla glue would work but i would like an opinion before i try or know if anyone has tried these brands with fragging and had no issues or maybe the type you use personally.

thank you

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have used Super Glue in SW and FW tanks with no issues. People use Super Glue for Frags all the time, but I have not heard anyone use gorilla glue.

Reactions: nickolasb

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Guy that runs my LFS advised against gorilla glue (don't remember the exact reason) and said to use superglue instead. He uses loctite for attaching frags to plugs. One thing that doesn't work (I tried) is superglueing the foot of an anemone. Eventually the anemone will rip free and start moving.

Reactions: nickolasb

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
Would super glue be ok to use to reattach plastic plants together? Can someone explained to me what fragging is? I have never heard that term.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Laura:
Would have been better to start your own (new) thread, but.....
Super glue does not work well with Plastic.
Fragging is a Saltwater term to split coral into smaller/multiple pieces.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store