Is he gonna be OK?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Camera Used
My iPad
bit panicky here. Couple last days Peanut was bloated so i gave im daphnia (it smaller and looked daphnia like, whatever it was) which kept eating and eating, munching away and he look like atomic bomb now. Then I gave im, well tried to, give im a epsom salt bath but it failed. He stopped moving his fins and just floated and kind tilted to his side with his side fins clamped tightly to his body and barely moved and swim with no using his tail at all, then i move him to a container which contain snails that were going to extermination and tried again with same results so i put him back to tank and put in some new water to it as i had to remove rest of food and snails poops (water change), he looked bit iffy, sad and weak with tail down. Man, that sight hurt me :( Then he was okay, still a bit weak, beg for food and dance to me. He was flaring, with gills flared out weakly and fins were no flared then he was flared with full power on! fins were slightly flared out and his gills were flared out more but he still show signs of weakness but getting betters now :) Gonna fast him 3 day now. I thought if the salt could have had harmed my little Peanut in any ways? T the loach are you able to reassure me that the salt did not hamr Peanut permamently? I hope so not... But if yes, what signs should I be look for?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I'm confused... is Peanut the betta which had columnaris? What kind of salt? How much? For how long?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Camera Used
My iPad
Yes, that is his name. Epsom salts, mentioned in the post. 2 and a half tablespoons, this is how much i have given him when her first came to me with a bloat. Just for a little bit, he instantly started show signs i mentioned. Is he gonna be OK?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Hopefully the worst has passed and you cured him. I haven't kept bettas in some years now because it seemed I'd always loose them to bloat.

I think the issues I had with them was the foods I fed them and the amount they were eating. I kept them in community settings and I think they'd gobble too much food given the different feeding styles of the fish in with them.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Camera Used
My iPad
Hopefully the worst has passed and you cured him. I haven't kept bettas in some years now because it seemed I'd always loose them to bloat.

I think the issues I had with them was the foods I fed them and the amount they were eating. I kept them in community settings and I think they'd gobble too much food given the different feeding styles of the fish in with them.
Yes, he is all good today. I still wonder if this could have harm him? It was a really hurtful sight what I seen. Tail down, fin down.. What I seen cute where the little guppie girl would no leave him alone and then when he got a bit better she was circling around him and dancing around too! She could be seen smiling too..

x x x x x x x

From what you describe, they did no die of just bloat. They died because of dropsy which is common in community settingsdue to overeating and constipation. I’m so sorry to hear about your bettas. That y am reluctant on keeping ’em in community setting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store