Is it possible ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Is it possible for a convict to get lonely? I have a 2 inch male in a tank by himself and he honestly seems bored and lonely, Don't tell me I am anthropomorphizing, We all know animals have feelings to an extent. whether he is truly feeling " lonely" or just unfamiliar with not sharing his space with his own kind it really does not matter.

Should I worry? Should I do anything?

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
What size tank do you have? This is a determining factor when it comes to adding tankmate with agressive fish.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Its only a 20 gallon ... which is why its a lone fish ... Its also why I did not ask if I should get him a friend, Just options on what I CAN do.

I guess a female would be possible since I know breeding tanks can be smaller.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I wouldnt add a female. You could add decor to give it more places to venture.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
It has plants and pots and ... It just looks like its looking for something. Its also not very aggressive, I have never even seen it eat.

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
If you have a substitute tank,you can try adding a female salvini.So if it chases her, you can shift her to a new tank
The same thing happened with my flowerhorn.He seemed very lonely and bored.When I added a female flowerhorn with him he chased him and killed her within an hour.So be careful

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Cichlids in general do not get lonely. Most are solitary fish by nature.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store