Is my glofish tetra full of eggs or sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
There's often a learning curve when it comes to successful spawning. Many fish like very early am to be in the mood. Do you have plants &/or sponge prefilters? those can help too.

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
i have two pretty big real plants.i have breeder container to hold eggs. i have extra 10 gallon tank. i have fake plant behind the filter.

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
update: no signs of babies. either he is overfed, still has eggs, has had its eggs eaten, or has a disease.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I would also suggest to keep in mind that even if you are seeing courtship behaviour, it doesn't mean they are actually spawning. Spawning may need a water change, change in lighting, temp increase or decrease or any other external environmental stimulation to induce spawning.

Neutral_Water

AC Members
Aug 18, 2017
Australia, WA
Hey sir, I don't know if I'm too late to say anything but I have experienced something similar with my Neon Tetra, she was severely bloated prior and I ruled it out not being eggs. I did however reduce the bloat in her stomach using Pimafix, or use Methylene blue, I recommend doing a 25-50% water change and dosing some immediately and leave without water changes (if your water quality is stable) for two-three days and you can see the results, meanwhile I recommend you begin feeding your fish some peas as it will aid in purging out any gunk in the digestive track and gives vitamins and added fibre as a bonus (I like to use chopsticks or whatever utensil to hold it infront of the fish) I also soak all my peas in chopped garlic in a cup and add a bit of your aquarium water to the mix. Cook your peas (if frozen) in the microwave for around 1 and a half mins then de-shell to add to garlic and water mix in cup, if pea is not frozen just add a bit of water with the mix while microwaving so it doesn't dry out. Garlic aids in strengthening immune system of fish and activates a fish's appetite to whatever food. Goodluck pal I hope she's all good soon

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
IIRC, Neutral_Water, your tetra had different issues than shuhaib's. His/hers looks normal to me, just a female full of eggs. If they don't spawn to get rid of eggs, they may be "resorbed". I wouldn't advise treating with anything just yet...

Neutral_Water

AC Members
Aug 18, 2017
Australia, WA
IIRC, Neutral_Water, your tetra had different issues than shuhaib's. His/hers looks normal to me, just a female full of eggs. If they don't spawn to get rid of eggs, they may be "resorbed". I wouldn't advise treating with anything just yet...
Oh okay understood, I just wanted to be sure and give him advice cause I assumed my tetra had eggs as well. There's a post somewhere if you search up "My danio just Popped" where a danio exploded due to the amount of pressure built up by the eggs. Your probably right, I only started two months ago. Just wanted to issue some advice in case

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store