Is my Guppy sick? (Red spots)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somethingfishy07

Registered Member
May 25, 2019
I have 5 females and two male guppies. I added them all yesterday to my new tank which has been cycling for a week.
One of the males seem to have some red spots on it and also maybe one white spot.
Please help...I'm concerned about this. Is it anything serious?

fish 1.jpeg

fish 2.jpeg

fish 3.jpeg

fish 4.jpeg

fish 5.jpeg

RemyCake

Registered Member
May 18, 2019
Iowa
Camera Used
iPhone xs max
It appears like they’re missing some scales? Is there anything they could’ve been caught up in or trapped into?
Or what’s the male to female ratio? Have you noticed aggression?

If you have no plants or invertebrates....
I’d add some pure sea salt (grocery store in a grinder usually with NO iodine) and dose a TEASPOON per gallon to start. It’ll help prevent infection and irritate their slime coat which is a good thing since it’ll help them produce more slime to heal faster!

The only plants that can bear salt in my experience is bamboo, anacharis, Marimo moss balls, red mangrove

Somethingfishy07

Registered Member
May 25, 2019
It appears like they’re missing some scales? Is there anything they could’ve been caught up in or trapped into?
Or what’s the male to female ratio? Have you noticed aggression?

If you have no plants or invertebrates....
I’d add some pure sea salt (grocery store in a grinder usually with NO iodine) and dose a TEASPOON per gallon to start. It’ll help prevent infection and irritate their slime coat which is a good thing since it’ll help them produce more slime to heal faster!

The only plants that can bear salt in my experience is bamboo, anacharis, Marimo moss balls, red mangrove
I haven't noticed any aggression. Like I said there are 2 males and 5 females, the pic is that of the male. Maybe I bought him like that from the store IDK. I don't have pure salt right now, I've ordered aquarium salt but it might take a while to get delivered, is there a way I can make regular salt into aquarium salt? anything that removes the iodine? Luckily I don't have any plans as of yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store