Is my honey gourami bloated?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
this is no big, gouramis often do this.

what i do to check if their feeler is all right is i move my fingers up and down in front of them and they will use their feelers to check.
I like their feelers (and the word feeler lol) especially when they use those to bicker too lol

ashygal

AC Members
Sep 5, 2020
A Adler thank you, the feelers r alright now, i was worried that the fasting might have stressed him out and paralyzed his feeler. i did use my finger and try to play with him for a while. Hes shy but still uses his feelers to check out first. ?

Reactions: Sprinkle

ashygal

AC Members
Sep 5, 2020
I miscalculated, my tank is 50cm instead of 45cm length. But i think the difference is not alot. I probably will change to a bigger tank of 60cm in the future, because 80cm 90cm tank size is too big for my place. My place in japan is tiny. ☹
Also, i went to the home center near my place and i found the thing that you need to test the parameters. Its a 6 in 1 tetra brand. So i hope if i try to keep the water nice n clean for the fishes, they will tolerate the smaller tank size ?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Tetra 6 in 1 tests only for nitrite NO2 and NO3 out of the important ones and test strips are inaccurate. If you could get JBL or API liquid tests it would be better, and if you could do something to fit a 20 gallon tank for the gourami and the cory would best. Its unfair on the fish ignoring their needs. Cories need 80x35cm tank or larger, so does the gourami, and you could fit in a 20 gallon tank 6 cories in it and you would see more social behaviour between them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store