Is this a good filter deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradleyp

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
Saw an EHEIM ECCO 2234 (said good for 60 gallon) at local PS today for $56. It was brand new in the box. One corner of the box had a rip in it, but otherwise it looked to be unopened. Should I run over there tomorrow when they open and snatch it up? Would it be plenty of filter for my 29g?

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
Ummm, YES! Do open it in your car before you leave the parking lot, to make sure there are no cracks in the canister or motor assembly.
It should work well for you on a 29g tank. You may have to tinker with the output a bit to get the flow you want.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Saw an EHEIM ECCO 2234 (said good for 60 gallon) at local PS today for $56. It was brand new in the box. One corner of the box had a rip in it, but otherwise it looked to be unopened. Should I run over there tomorrow when they open and snatch it up? Would it be plenty of filter for my 29g?
Hell Yeah, buy it but make sure to check/open it before you leave just like dbosman said. That is a really good price. But you have to think about media cost, just saying cuz canister filter media is made to empty your wallet. :)

bradleyp

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
Had to go out of town so didn't get a chance to go by this weekend. If its still there tomorrow when I get off work I'm going to offer them $40 for it...worst they can do is say no and it will cost me $56. I've worked retail and I know many places will wheel and deal on items when the packaging is in less than pristine condition or if it has been sitting on the shelf for a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store