Is this bloat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Is the fish acting normally? Eating?

If it is, it likely just a fish that ate too much. Cut back on feedings for a few days and see how the fish responds.

Hustle US

AC Members
Jul 18, 2016
Well I really have no clue what normal is both of these two fish are new to my tank little over a week but I also noticed some missing guppies. . . . . Maybe that's the reason? I will cut down on the food the next couple of days and see though

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Normal behaviour would be what is normal to most fish. Swimming actively, eating, not gasping at the surface, no clamped fins etc.

The second picture you posted it just looks like it over ate. The fins are in a normal position and I see no discoloration. I'd be willing to bet that the missing guppies are the reason for this.

Reactions: Hustle US

Hustle US

AC Members
Jul 18, 2016
Yeah I mean if that is what your saying yeah they are active and eating and fins are not clamped.

Hustle US

AC Members
Jul 18, 2016
I was super worried I have yet to lose a fish. Besides from aggression r. I. P. Earth mover. But since I removed the two Oscars all my fish seem pretty happy

Hustle US

AC Members
Jul 18, 2016
And just for the record I adopted the two Oscars and the earth mover from the person I bought the tank from

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Ya, it's a good thing you moved them. African cichlids and South American cichlids don't really mix well together. Africans are much more aggressive.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Ya, it's a good thing you moved them. African cichlids and South American cichlids don't really mix well together. Africans are much more aggressive.
I agree with Tiff, and also looks like you are feeding too much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store