Is this safe to do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gurglar

AC Members
Oct 29, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
I would like to do this for my fancy goldfish he is only about 2 inches at the moment.

http://www.****************/pages/feng_shui.htm#lecorps

The guy on the site does not have a filter in his pond and only does 20% water changes twice a week and cleans his gravel twice a week. Would this be safe for my goldfish to live in doing the exact same things he has done?

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
no IMO,they NEED filteration unless the pond is thousands of gallons,I would just get a filter...

cauzen

Give and Take
May 2, 2006
Hmmm... My opinion is it may be safe for as long as their condition is monitored properly. Water must be frequently changed on a regular basis if you're planning to exclude the filtration system in your pond/aquarium.

I don't guarantee that this will help a lot. The best way to do is to observe which way it works best for you and for the fishes as well...

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
is your pond indoor or outdoor? if it's indoor, i'd say yes, if it's outdoor,you can get away without one as long as you keep up the water changes.

Gurglar

AC Members
Oct 29, 2006
North Queensland, Australia
It will be outdoor if I end up doing this. So no filter needed if I do regular water changes? I might put an airstone in to keep the oxygen levels up.

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
When I had a barrel pond like that, I had a little fountain pump that had a sponge prefilter that did a good job of keeping the water clear....I rinsed it out regularly to keep from clogging...worked fine...beware of raccoons!

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
YoFishboy said:
beware of raccoons!
notice he lives in australia, yo... :p:

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com