is this tank ok for my nem?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
ok so there is someone who wants to buy my rbta. my nem cloned a few weeks ago and i cannot get to the clone to sell it so i have decided (with regrets) to sell the mother. the person who wants to buy it wants to put it into a 30xl (i don't even know what this is but feel a 30g is too small!) with 2x96w VHO lighting. now this person is a very experienced reefer with 5 tanks with clown pairs all in btas. i am just very attached to this nem and paranoid about it going from my 75g with 2x250 HQI's and 4x54w T5's into this persons tank. is it going to be ok or should i call it off?

kryptic4l

AC Members
May 21, 2007
Antartica
I think if your that attached to it, call it off.

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
I would probably call it off. It may do OK but will have a hard time at first. BTA's are a little hardier than some of the other species but the difference in lighting will have an effect. If I recall, he is refering to a 36" long tank which the 96 VHO's are the 36" bulbs. You are producing a much more intense light then his and this is where the problem begins. The frag(clone) would have a much better chance at survivng.

salty420

Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
arg well i emailed the guy and asked him a bit more about his tank and experience to see what kind of feel i could get from him. i really wish i could get the clone but it's foot is buried in the LR whereas the mother is right on top of the rock and will be easy to get off. i just wish the nem wouldn't have cloned tho i figured it would happen at some point, i had it for 8-9 months and it was getting quite large...

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
i really wish i could get the clone but it's foot is buried in the LR whereas the mother is right on top of the rock and will be easy to get off. i just wish the nem wouldn't have cloned tho i figured it would happen at some point, i had it for 8-9 months and it was getting quite large...
Hmmm.....**Taps fingers** Still waiting for you to send that clone across the water to me darlin ;)

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Perhaps the clone will move if you make its current spot less favorable. Try aiming a powerhead in its direction so that it will seek a less turbulent area. Then catch it in the move.

salty420

Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
Perhaps the clone will move if you make its current spot less favorable. Try aiming a powerhead in its direction so that it will seek a less turbulent area. Then catch it in the move.
im not willing to do that as there are too many other corals around the nems that the clone or mother may walk onto if i aggravate them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store