It's worse than crack...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
yeah i went straight to the liner pond so when i do upgrade its going to have to be huge.....:D

powerkit

Spiral OUT
Oct 23, 2008
Memphis
www.myspace.com
Hi welcome to AC, cant wait to see pics! well, you cheap tank source hooked you up w/AC, how about hookin us up with a cheap tank source, lol! JK.
Yes it is both predetermined genes and contageous. the only thing u can do is get comfy have a lot o fun and drink a lot beer! (or you could jus do like my hubby does and space out, and refuse to help)

foolishfish

Registered Fish Offender
Dec 10, 2008
Where the wild things are
yeah i went straight to the liner pond so when i do upgrade its going to have to be huge.....:D
I used to build in ground vinyl liner swimming pools, back when we had no ponds or aquariums, and I had a customer who had a unique idea for makin' some extra coin off of her family farm.

She started by raising talapia in aquariums, then moved to an old concrete pool that they hadn't used in years. Eventually she tired of having to deal w/ the talapia's short growth cycle (had to harvest by winter) and moved on to hybrid striped bass.

Now days they have corporate picnics and family reunions on the farm and basically cater. The main menu item is of course...striped bass. She had me build three more 28'x54'x6' swimming pools for her and that's what she danced with. Filtered with double sand filters, biological sump, hi vol. UV and ran big time air. Now they harvest at the end of a two year cycle and she's toyin' w' puttin' in solar hydronics, insulation and a poly house cover to fatten 'em up quicker.

Sorry, don't know if this skip OT is like lauding Hitler on a Holocaust site but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

If you're as afflicted as I, skip the ponds, time to start diggin' pool holes. :eek:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
thats cool, I joke about that all the time....throw a dozen or so tilapia into the pond in the spring, and have a fall fish fry :D

foolishfish

Registered Fish Offender
Dec 10, 2008
Where the wild things are
I'll see if I can find the re-print. There was an article way back in the late 70's (Mother Earth News or some low impact living mag) about using a bog and naturalized plantings to create a non-chemically cleaned swimming pool that you could build for about $2,000 (roughly in todays devalued U.S. script).

I remember the author writing about the strange sensation of all of the little blue gills nibbling at his toes as he floated about. Hey isn't that what the rich people are paying big bucks for now, fishy pedicures? Might pay for itself. Invite 'em all back later for a fish fry.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Welcome to AC fool

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
...and they said he couldn't be trained...Hah! I haven't slept in a drunken stupor through all 20 sumthin' years of marital bliss...

:eek3:you have my sympthy!!!! LMAO!!!!!

welcome to ac!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store