I've a pregnant Glo-fish, she laid eggs and err.. now what?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaiidera

AC Members
Jul 31, 2009
I've been reading up on the cycling thing, and aaaaahh it explains so much. I feel so bad for not doing the research before I had my fish. I found an old tank, 5 gallon. Cleaning that up tomorrow morning. I'm using my laptop savings towards something nicer for the fish, and going to Petco for the supplies to test the water. My parents will be alright with everything as long as I pay. Off the top of my mind, I'm not sure what a 10 gallon looks like. I'm nervous, because I've always done the cleaning as all the water at once and wash everything off thing and that was really hard with a 5 gallon tank. (I know now, 50% weekly/check the levels)

In my defense, every pet store I've gone to say 1 gallon = 1 fish. I never argued because well, they looked like they knew what they were talking about. I'm extremely grossed out with what's going on with the unfertalized eggs at the thought of rotting. Eeek. I'm a wimp, I know.

And thank you for all the welcoming kindness, I'm so not used to being on a forum and there being nice people.

addicted2fish

" Can you come out to play ? "
Mar 19, 2008
welcome to AC !! and ues we are all hobbiest who enjoy our fishkeeping , so we hang out here, talk fish . LOL ~~ seems like the rest of my friends & family think I am nuts for my 12 tanks in my small 3 bd apt . ~~ but here I am excepted , and understood ... LOL

you are on your way , just keep reading , and keep asking questions, NO question is dumb, ask away !! we will help you and love to see your progress as you post pics and tell us about your new fish and new tanks' *( down the road, you'll see ) lol ~~~ Welcome !!

MTiffany

Swamp Thing
Jul 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I've been reading up on the cycling thing, and aaaaahh it explains so much. I feel so bad for not doing the research before I had my fish. I found an old tank, 5 gallon. Cleaning that up tomorrow morning. I'm using my laptop savings towards something nicer for the fish, and going to Petco for the supplies to test the water. My parents will be alright with everything as long as I pay. Off the top of my mind, I'm not sure what a 10 gallon looks like. I'm nervous, because I've always done the cleaning as all the water at once and wash everything off thing and that was really hard with a 5 gallon tank. (I know now, 50% weekly/check the levels)

In my defense, every pet store I've gone to say 1 gallon = 1 fish. I never argued because well, they looked like they knew what they were talking about. I'm extremely grossed out with what's going on with the unfertalized eggs at the thought of rotting. Eeek. I'm a wimp, I know.

And thank you for all the welcoming kindness, I'm so not used to being on a forum and there being nice people.
A standard 10-gallon tank measures 20 by 10 by 12.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Yay! The hobby only gets better as your learn more and more! =D

And like addicted said, most people here want to help spread and promote the hobby, so everyone is more than HAPPY to help out! I <3 AC, and I'm very glad you're doing right by your fishies! We all have to start somewhere. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store