J_Chicago's 65 reef log.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
Well, have some pics I took earlier everything still had not fully extended before lights out...

$15

$15

$40

$15

Whole tank

Banggai

Clown

Hermit

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
Just thought I'd give an update.

As of earlier this week I'm grossly overstocked since I am babysitting my friend's fish, coral and premium LR from his 75g (with a 40g sump/fug). Luckily his tank is less then a year old and only had some small corals, young fish, and he had some PVC structures forming arches so his LR was pretty spare. He's out for 3-4 months undergoing kidney surgery and recovery.

So I have my stock:
1 Clark anemone fish
4 Bangaii Cardinal
1 Peppermint shrimp
Xenia & various star polyps and zoas.

Then I have his:
2 Blue-Green Chromis
1 hippo tang (its only about 2" now)
1 watchman goby
1 long nose tang (not sure of species: brown/blue and about 3")
1 maroon clown (being isolated in my refug, he is the reason I have my Clark, aggressive)
1 Fire shrimp
Xenia and various button polyps and zoas.

Once he gets ready to set his tank back up, I figured I would frag the polyps and trade some of mine for his, and that goby might be hard to catch....

I also upgraded my lighting to the Aquatic Life HID/T5 fixture. But that came yesterday so can't really tell how the corals are digging the light, but I like it.

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
And I believe this is a bleached Sabae. Anyone want to confirm my ID and any advice on bringing it back.

Had it for 2 days now, and the clown is hosting with it already, fed it raw shrimp. It has also grabbed some mysis from the fish. But the fish have been picking the food from it, including the clown. So I'm not sure what it has actually consumed, and I have not seen it expel any waste yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store