Jack Dempsey Food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Angel_Keeper

AC Members
Dec 18, 2005
Yes there is a way... you can buy bio-sphira and you can put him and other fish in the tank amidiatly and they will be safe. but dont put any fish with him if the tank is smaller than a 55 gallon. but bio-sphira is a bit expensive, it will cost you probably near $30, but it gets the job done very fast.

chrisfromnl

AC Members
Feb 20, 2006
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Alright, i'll keep all this in mind. I think he will make it thou, where the tank is on the small side maybe it will cycle faster? He's really energetic, always exploring, pulling on the plastic plants, and swimming in front of the filter pump ( I think he likes the current) I guess it's a good sign.

Angel_Keeper

AC Members
Dec 18, 2005
Well i never had any but i dont know if they produce enough waste to cycle faster. But I think he will make it :)

chrisfromnl

AC Members
Feb 20, 2006
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Ok, I was getting worried. Poor guy has been through enough already. Had to walk to the bus stop with him in -5C (23F). Had him inside my coat to keep him warm. Than I had to take him out so I could walk/run faster to catch the transfer bus, but walk slow enough as to not shake him around. He was black in the tank at the store, and when I got home he was tanish and now he's back to black. Apparently they change color with their moods.
Will he eat any insects I throw in his tank with him?
There's these little things called silverfish that seem to live on the built in cutting board here, i've only hauled it out once, and seen a couple, but my room mates who lived here last year as well said that they are always there. I was wondering if I could somehow catch a couple, would Jack eat them, cause I think that'd be cool, plus he might actually eat them
Silverfish Info
PS. No we don't use the cutting board lol

Angel_Keeper

AC Members
Dec 18, 2005
i would not try to feed him those. they might have a desease and carry bad bacteria just stick with the cichlid flakes and ull be fine dont try insects.

Angel_Keeper

AC Members
Dec 18, 2005
yea they might have done it but its better to be safe. if you want to feed him earth worms you have to clean them Very very well, but he does not need them.
its better not to try that kind of food especially if you don't clean it too well and , he is still a baiby. :sad: lol

cyberbeer65

Scratch Glass!
Jan 29, 2005
Metro Detroit
www.myspace.com
Camera Used
Galaxy S10 Plus
Also,don't forget to keep up on those water changes untill your tank is cycled.I would buy a liquid test kit for ammonia,nitrites and nitrates.Otherwise you won't know when your tank is cycled.Also I would buy some Prime for when you do the water changes,Prime is the best water conditioner IMO.

Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store