Jaguar Cichlid Not Moving/Eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
One of my freshwater buddies has a 90 gallon with a jaguar cichlid. After feeding him an earthworm he found outside (I know... bad idea), he found a bunch of little white worms in the tank. He completely cleared the tank, put some salt in it, and did a 40% water change and all the worms dissapeared. The jag seemed fine until two days later. He is now just chillin at the bottom of the now empty tank not moving much at all and if the hood is opened and closed loudly he flips out and swims all over very quickly. This is gross, but he pooped diarrhea like stuff. He checked his levels and they are all fine. He added some salt and turned the temp up to 82. What else can he do?
P.S. This really isn't me btw... I am a saltwater guy.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Probably stressed out do to the salt treatment he needs to do a 50% water change the white worms seen were probably glass worms and the gravel bed is usually the breeding ground for them when he does a water change tell him to vacuum the substrate and the worms should/will disappear as for feeding earthworms that shouldn't be an issue for fish either from a bait store or right out of the backyard.. I would chop them up if he decides to feed them again or do what i do is buy some earthworm flakes from www.Kensfish.com my fish love it and is a great source of proteins but nothing beats the real thing..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store