Jeffrey's "Little Man" -ADA 60-P

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
It's time to setup my 60-P.

In June my wife and I found out we'd be moving from the San Francisco Bay Area back home to Atlanta. Sad as I was about losing access to such great stores as AFA, Ocean Aq, and Albany Aq :cry: , I made an opportunity out of it . At the time I had four tanks setup: a 5.5g, 45g, a 46g, and a 75g all planted, all high tech. I liquidated all of them.

From the ashes rose a currently in progress 120g, and an ADA 60-P, the subject of this thread.:woot:

The tank was purchased in June, but it sat in storage until just now. I ordered a custom cabinet, which took some time, and then had to stain and polyurethane it.

Now that the stand is done, the real fun can begin :evil_lol::

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
NICE work on the stand!

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
and i assume its going to be top of the line by the looks of it? looks like it will be nice. good luck.
That was kind of my idea in downsizing...lose 4 tanks, but come back with 2 really nice tanks. The tank, stand, soil, and filter are the only things new...the rest I've had from previous tanks.

NICE work on the stand!
Thanks, I'm really happy with the way the stain turned out....I wish I could take credit for the craftsmanship. We were putting this in our, for lack of a better term, "formal" living room, so I swallowed my pride and admitted I'm no furniture builder.

that is a nice stand!
cant wait to see this progress!
Thanks! It should move a long fairly quickly.

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
JM - is that near a functional fireplace? i think i see a mantle on the bottom corner of the last picture...you think you will get tank temp fluctuations with the FP there during the winter if you were to use it?

also, i just looked up the specs on that tank, very nice! it is going to be a big looking smaller tank.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
JM - is that near a functional fireplace? i think i see a mantle on the bottom corner of the last picture...you think you will get tank temp fluctuations with the FP there during the winter if you were to use it?

also, i just looked up the specs on that tank, very nice! it is going to be a big looking smaller tank.
Yeah, it's about 4-5 feet way from the fireplace. It's a small gas fireplace, see through, that connects between my living room and dining room. I don't expect much in the department of temperature fluctuations. I keep tanks fairly warm, 78-80, and I keep my house about 72. I've got a 300w Hydor inline heater on the tank....bascially, when the fire is going, it'll mean the heater just has to work less.

I'm looking forward to seeing this tank progress! Subscribed...
Thanks, being smaller tank, the progress is fast. I'll have a good update later today.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
The equipment for this tank is as follows:

ADA 60-P for the tank
ADA AS I for substrate
Coralife 2x65w PC for the lighting, one GE 9325k bulb and the other bulb is
undecided(either another GE bulb or a 10,000K). The 9325 will be on for 8-10 hours,
and the other bulb will be a 2-4 hour midday burst.
Eheim 2236 for filtration
Coralife 6x Turbotwist(overkill, but I had it sitting around)
Hydor Inline 300w heater (again, overkill, but I had it)
Glass lily pipes, knock off's from ebay...they look/work just as good and cost 1/4 of the price
Pressurized CO2 10#
Milwaukee pH controller
DIY inline pH probe and co2 injection

I'm still thinking about the scape, but I have a decent amount of petite floating in the basement, so pretty much all of that will be in there.

The stocking will start out with

4 Parotocinclis eppelyi
2-4 Dario rubra
and *maybe* a pair of Apistogramma Caucatoides 'triple red' (but I'm leaning away from it)

I'm pretty open on the rest of the stocking. Ember tetras are always nice, and so are CPDs. However, I may just leave the Dario rubras in there for a while to see if they'll breed.

I'll likely also get 6 pygmy cories in there at some point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store