Jeffrey's "Little Man" -ADA 60-P

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Beautiful stain work!

Thanks! I was really pleased with how it turned out. The stand is made out of maple, and I used a Jet Mahogany stain with satin finish. I'm really happy with it.

The thing about little tanks is that you can pretty much use anything as a stand. I ordered this stand from a local unfinished furniture store. I'd been searching all the local fish stores, and had even spoken with several custom cabinet makers, and when my wife and I were shopping for a new dining room suit, this jumped out at me.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
A modicum of progress.

I put together the manifold I'll be using for the inline pH probe and the co2 injection.

Water flows from left to right, first hitting the pH probe mounting using the handy dandy Heyco water tight cordgrip, and then onto the co2 injection. I'm using an irrigation drip connection. Great little bit of plumbing. If you've never used one, it's perfect for this. You slide in your 1/4" line, then give it just a little tug, and it seals up around it like a chinese finger trap.

Had to make do with a couple of fittings from the local Ace Hardware(so much quicker than driving out of the way to Home Depot) so I'm gonna have to let the PVC glue seal up.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
That was kind of my idea in downsizing...lose 4 tanks, but come back with 2 really nice tanks. The tank, stand, soil, and filter are the only things new...the rest I've had from previous tanks.
when you downsize you go from many smaller tanks to 1-2 large tanks lol there is a reef club down there with lots of good deals on tanks. hooked newbie and sev mama are down there.... go steal their tanks lol

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
I've gotten involved with the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association and met some good people. The Fall auction was pretty amazing.

Anyway, I made a bit more progress:

The innards are all complete. Since I'm using AS, I'm dry planting and filling later.

I had to wait for the pvc cement on my pH probe/injection manifold to dry overnight, but then it was easy enough to install:

Had one little hang-up..... I for the outside boards are 1/2", so that the 3/4" screw I used to mount the manifold ended up being about 1/4" too long:

Later on I'll cut that off and fill the whole in, but not today.

The manifold is then hooked up like this.

The pH probe has to stay wet, so it can't be installed until the very end, but you can see the co2 line installed in the irrigation fitting.

The final construction of the inside goes a little something like this:

And I'm ready for the next part:

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
looks great!
too bad about that screw....i could just imagine the expletives that occurred when that happened.

Yeah, I was fairly disappointed about the screw. I haven't backed it out yet...when I do that, the damage will be real, for now I can just pretend.

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
Beautiful stand. Since you have the stain already on hand, once you fill that hole and restain it, no one will ever know what happened.

It looks like a real nice setup, I look forward to seeing it finished.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store