Jungle Anti-Bacterial Medicated Food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cheizy

AC Members
Apr 19, 2006
Any one ever use this before?
(active ingredients Sodium sulfathiazole, Nitrofurazone)

1) Does it affect your biofilter like a normal antibiotic would?
2) Anyone who ever used it, effectiveness? (comments?)

I've searched around the forum, and some say that their fish would'nt eat this, but I don't see that as a problem for me, I have goldfish that would eat ANYTHING they can fit their mouths into.

Elaborate please :)

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
Sorry, I can't help.....my fish wouldn't eat it. A goldfish, however. should eat it no problem.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I have not used the anti-bacterial food but i have used the antibiotic food made by jungle. I imagine their palatability would be similar. It did not affect my biofilter at all, but the fish didn't eat it unless I mixed it with garlic, and as I was feeding small fish, I had to crush the pellets to a powder to feed. I thought it worked well though. Good luck.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
we used the anti-parasite kind, and our fish definitely were not thrilled. eventually they were hungry enough to eat it though.
my goldfish, however, have never had any trouble eating anything. i think you'll be fine.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I soak the meds in thawed frozen food.
I usually crush the pellets mix, soak then feed.
the best delivery method is if they ingest the food.
however, meds can be added to the water . the delivery method in this case9(added to water) is just not as effective.

iamgroovy

Nature Lover
Jul 7, 2005
PA USA
I've used them with good results. I had to crush them into smaller pieces but that shouldn't be a problem for you. They didn't have any noticable affect on my biofilter.

cheizy

AC Members
Apr 19, 2006
thanks everyone for quick replies :) will use this when the need comes, a lot better than treating the whole tank w/ meds because I don't have a qt tank, and better for the biofilter :headbang2:

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I just used it to try to combat the random dropsy I was getting. Fish would just blow up like pineapples with no rhyme or reason to it. Since I've fed the Jungle anti-bacterial food, I have not had another fish with this problem. I'm sold on it's effectiveness and would recommend it highly. You MUST feed it as the ONLY food for at least 5 days for it to be effective.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store