just a pic: Buttikoferi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
Buttikoferi: hes not showing off his bright blue lips and fins or the copper color on his gill plates in this pic

Last edited:

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
total length is about 9" shes not much smaller than my old male midas was.

im pretty sure its a female i tried to vent it and that swhat i came up with, but imjust learning how to vent.

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
thanks guys, shes not even showing off her colors that well, or the camera washed it out? what i find suprising is that it mellowed out as it got larger, kinda just hangs around picking at the rocks and gravel all day. Shes also not as thick as others ive seen at the same size, which makes me think even more that its a female. Its currently in the tank with a 5" Carpinte(bully), 3 clown loaches, a red tailed shark, a common pleco, a featherfin cat, and 2 glass cats and soon il lbe adding a female festae to the tank once it grows a bit. time for turkey talk you all on monday!

Last edited:

blee358

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
That is definitly a class A' fish. I have one right know that is onlt 5". I can't wait until he starts maturing and gets those colors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store