Just a quick question!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Hey all!! I was just wondering if a single firemouth would do alright in a 37 gal w/ 1m & 1f krib and 6 red-eye tetras??Reason I am asking is that one is getting bullied and hides all the time. Also, I had 4 kribs in the same 37 gal. I moved a male and female to a 25 gal yesterday. They are the only ones in the tank. My second question is why has the male has gone from a green striped white body to almost completely white??? I just fed him and it was like a switch, his colors came back. The female likes to chase him around the tank and she is exhibiting breeding colors. I do find the male lingering near the top of the tank which means the female has control of the bottom. Any ideas??? Thanks!!!

**As always, hiding places are #1 with these fish, so I have plenty.**

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
He's probably still going through culture shock (new tank, etc.). Do you have any Stress Coat or NovAqua or something you could put in there that's good for helping out his slime coat? It would probably do him some good. Also: do you have a cave or some plants you could stick in there to give him someplace to hide from the too-ready female? He just needs to catch his wind. If he's eating, he should be okay. I do think a quick stress-relief treatment (as mentioned above) would help.

-- Pat

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I already added NovAqua before adding the 2 kribs. The firemouth would go into the 37 gal w/ the 6 red-eye tetras and established kirb pair. Would the firemouth do ok?? It is about an inch to an inch and a half. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store