Just joined, so here's pics of my tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Looking good and Welcome to AC!!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Wow. Looks great. I've heard that BA tetras will destroy a planted tank but you plant/s look amazing. So how can that info be correct? Anyway, it looks good. My only complaint (if you can all it that) is that the thermometer is in the front and is kinda of an eyesore. Id move it to the side. Well that's it from me! :) Looking good and welcome to AC!

DaScotty

AC Members
Apr 6, 2020
Thanks Amazoniantanklvr Amazoniantanklvr ! Buenos Aires tetras do tend to eat up some plants, usually with smaller leafs on the stems. A long time ago I had taken cuttings of some plants from my old 29g and put them in the 75g, within a couple weeks these specific plants were just stems. They ate all these leaves! So whatever plant this is in this picture, they'll be a meal for BA tetras!
IMG_4283.jpeg

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Thanks Amazoniantanklvr Amazoniantanklvr ! Buenos Aires tetras do tend to eat up some plants, usually with smaller leafs on the stems. A long time ago I had taken cuttings of some plants from my old 29g and put them in the 75g, within a couple weeks these specific plants were just stems. They ate all these leaves! So whatever plant this is in this picture, they'll be a meal for BA tetras!
View attachment 225868
Ah ok. Good to know. Looks like water sprite. Anyway, Your plant looks good. What kind are they?

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Welcome! Tank looks good, lots of variety

The plant is wisteria. My platies nibble the roots off my floating ones often too. Must be a tasty one lol

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America

The plant is wisteria. My platies nibble the roots off my floating ones often too. Must be a tasty one lol

That's wisteria? Looks nothin like mine (did). huh. Good to know.

DaScotty

AC Members
Apr 6, 2020

I checked my old notes on what I planted and which locations, originally. And yes, you're right, it is water wisteria. I figure that any plant with a similar small leaf structure, BA tetras are going to make food out of it. I think plants with much larger, broader leaves should be fine. They don't touch any of the Amazon swords or Cryptocoryne Undulata.

-Scott

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
That's wisteria? Looks nothin like mine (did). huh. Good to know.
Wisteria can look different depending how it grows. Emersed grown it has broad round leaves with jagged edges. Sometimes it tries to grow this way under water and you get some melt issues lol

I checked my old notes on what I planted and which locations, originally. And yes, you're right, it is water wisteria. I figure that any plant with a similar small leaf structure, BA tetras are going to make food out of it. I think plants with much larger, broader leaves should be fine. They don't touch any of the Amazon swords or Cryptocoryne Undulata.

-Scott
Id try out some anubias with them. Its a fairly tough leaved plant, and many have broader leaves. Lanceolata would be a nice choice.

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Beautiful tank! Nice size too, one of my favorites!

I think val amaricana, bolbitis, anubias, java fern, crinum..... maybe tiger lotus.....would all withstand the BA tetra munchies. Stems, not so much.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store