just ordered some fish from Petsolutions last night...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wolf13

AC Members
Mar 13, 2007
good luck. I keep being sceptical of places where i can't see the actual pleco, since so often the common name, l number, picture and description don't match and you wonder are you getting the little dwarf you think your getting or are you getting a potential tank buster.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Zebra plecos are endangered not extinct... love to see pics when you get them
I believe they are said to be extinct in the wild but endagered throughout the hobby and they are hoped to turn the species around due to breeding in the hobby.

I'll post the pics as soon as I get them :) I can't wait either!

wolf

I thought about that too so we'll see :)

Aries

"Umm...., what is that!!??"
Jan 19, 2003
Ohio, Dayton
Visit site
I am curious how it turns out as well. I live 10 minutes from where they were shipped from (most likely Beavercreek Oh). They are my LFS (petsolutions.com = jackspets.com). The LFS is not so great - decent but not great.

I hope their warehouse people know their fish because a lot of times the managers of the store mix up specifics. I have heard a few things about petsolutions, mostly good.

I wish the best and let us know. So anxious to know.

Aries

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Ok, got my shipment today and and well more than pleased with them. The pleco's do look a little thin but healthy nonetheless. The box they came in was top notch and the bags each were in were heavy duty with the pleco's bag doubled up for obvious reasons. The water in each seemed clear except the pleco's which had a yellow tinge to it, not sure if it was them or something they put in the water.

Out of ordering:
3 Columbian Zebra plecos
5 kuhli loaches
5 striped angels (Pterophyllum scalare)

What I received are these:
3 Clumbian zebras
7 kuhli's and an endler guppy
3 scalare's and 2 zebra angels.... all just as pretty as the next.

I notice no spots on any of the fish and all were active upon opening the box. I am really happy with these results and will shop there again. I will post pics tomorrow, the camera is out working tonight.

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Nice. Glad to here the transaction went smoothly.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
That's great Dangerdoll! I have actually never heard any feedback at all on Petsolutions and I was curious to find out what's up!:) I hope your fish do well, and I also hope that you can post some pics!!!:)

Aries

"Umm...., what is that!!??"
Jan 19, 2003
Ohio, Dayton
Visit site
Excellent - glad you are happy! Always nice to hear good things about online stores. Now if only they allowed me to pick it up at their warehouse to avoid shipping.

Thanks!!!!

Aries

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store