Juvenile jaguar cichlid tank mate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Is it fine for a cichlid to eat a gecko's tail?
Heard a splash and a strong ripple in the water. Went over and saw a house gecko jumping out and scurrying to safety, without it's tail. The fish must have gotten it.
This is a new one on me, lol. I'm assuming you're talking about your jag. There shouldn't be any issues. They primarily eat fish and crustaceans in the wild, but they're large enough that I suspect small amphibians, lizards (or parts thereof :) ), and maybe other small animals that fall into the water end up on the menu occasionally.

WYite

WarTank

AC Members
Aug 22, 2020
Real Name
Aldrein Tan
This is a new one on me, lol. I'm assuming you're talking about your jag. There shouldn't be any issues. They primarily eat fish and crustaceans in the wild, but they're large enough that I suspect small amphibians, lizards (or parts thereof :) ), and maybe other small animals that fall into the water end up on the menu occasionally.

WYite
Yup. It seems fine to me. Wonder how it's going ingest a long tail, bones and all. ?
What's it with cichlids that makes anything smaller than itself that moves as food anyway? Lol! ?

WarTank

AC Members
Aug 22, 2020
Real Name
Aldrein Tan
Finally, after some research..decided to go with tiger barbs instead of giant danios. They really make great dithersIMG_20210119_203248.jpg ?
IMG_20210119_211739.jpg

Reactions: Sprinkle

WarTank

AC Members
Aug 22, 2020
Real Name
Aldrein Tan
How many of them u got? I like how every one of em got different stripes ?
Tried 5. Works excellent!
BTW, isn't that how it's supposed to be? The stripes make each of them distinguishable

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store