keeping Peacock Gudgeon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
I was looking into keeping Peacock Gudgeining
Is it ok to keep them in the community tank with angels and apistos?

Anyone has some expertise, appreciate the advise
[h=1][/h]

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I had some a while ago...nice fish! There were several threads.....long and detailed. Do a search and you will find them! There was a lot of good info if I remember correctly!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Off hand, the only things I can remember off the top of my head are that they're not typically fin nippers (making the angels a not bad idea) but they're bottom dwellers, so they may run into issues with the apistos.

0live

128 mb tempura
Mar 14, 2008
area code 401
I've got peacocks currently spawning in my 20gal community tank. They're neat fish to be sure!

They aren't particularly shy once they get settled, and while they mostly live in the bottom third of the tank, they seem to like to mosey around and take in the sights. Mine have been fine as far as fin nipping goes with the threadfin rainbows they share a tank with even during spawning when the male gets a bit testy and territorial.

Depending on the source they can be tough to feed. Mine love live foods, but never quite get to the cone when I feed worms.. The worms kinda drift out of the cone and hopefully the gudgeon sees it. Because of this I've taken to sucking up a bit of worms in a syringe and injecting them into a stand of rotala nanjenshan and watch the gudgeons hunt the worms in the plants. Mine will eat flakes if one drifts by and a threadfin isn't around to scoop it up faster than the gudgeon can, but rarely will they go to the surface to take flakes.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store