Khemul's 75g Soft Coral Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Yeah, the 1250 isn't too much. I was originally going to eventually do a Tunze 6025 (modded) or a 6045 (probably still will some day, when I can afford it), which would only be a little less powerful really. And now I have a small wave on the surface, since pointing it any further downwards will cause a sandstorm. :rofl: But I figure the net evaporation is still down tremendously with the lighting redesign (in short, the old setup had me choosing between pulling humid air through the electronics or pushing warm air right across the surface of the tank...neither one very good design choices by any measure) so all is good.

About the only thing that it is too much for is Pipe Organ. But that is why I moved the main colony to the biocube in the first place and restarted with frags. It responds to high flow by making itself dramatically more fragile (which seems backwards to me, but I'm not a coral so maybe there is some logic there I'm missing...).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store