khuli garding nest???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
usually my two khulies are all over the tank especially at feeding time but for the last week they have stayed within tails reach of my anubius plant. they don't seem to be any less active just confined to that area, not even straying to forage for food. the other thing is that they have been 'friendlyer' with each other than usual, but that could be that they are together more since the area that they stay in is so small

I like to understand what my fish are about when they do some thing diferent than usual, so if you have any exp. or ideas lets hear them

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I have had my kuhli loaches reproduce, but I never noticed them gaurding a nest. They built a tunnel in the roots of my rotala indica, and I would see them go in the tunnel regularly, but they never worried about keeping anyone else away from the area (and this included an eel, fully capable of burrowing his way in). Doesn't mean yours are not gaurding, I just never noticed it with mine. Mine also never confined their activity to one area. They swim all over the tank--only the babies seem to hang out in one area until they get to about 1+ inch in length.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
could have been that the heat and the evaporation consentrating the hardness and that is their fav spot all making them not want to moove much. I saw one out today. the plants in the rest of the tank are not as thick right now so maybe they are just shy... uh really a khuli shy? no way jk

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store