Kissing Gourami with cichlids??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

psargon

AC Members
Feb 18, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
is it possible to keep kissing gourami with any types of cichlids?
if so, which ones would be suitable?

the tank is 55g and the only fish in there are 2 kissing gourami and a sailfin pleco

Reactions: Lonewolf12477

kjd277

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
Pretty much any cichlid except for the larger ones like oscars, dempsey, red devil, grean terrors, as they are far to aggressive. Kissing gouramis grow very large themselves and can hold there own. I'd say there a little under semi aggressive, they won't kill but will pin a few fish from time to time. These guys can pretty much go with any cichlid.

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
i had two groumies with my dempsey and he was also with a firemouth cichlid and they did fine together plus they were all in a 55g

Lonewolf12477

Registered Member
Jun 9, 2018
I have a electric blue cichlid I was wondering if I can put my kissing gourami in the 75 gallon tank with him

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Kissers typically won't tolerate anything of similar size once mature. Smaller fish, no problem. If the cichlids are larger than the kisser, things are probably going to go the other way.

Little kissers are pretty timid. IMO, they're personable and enjoyable when big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store