Kordon Bags for shipping shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
I thought the purpose of a breather bag was that it was able to breathe.. isn't double bagging bad?

EileenH

AC Members
Oct 9, 2009
San Diego, California
I looked on-line about the breather bags. I had to ship some of my baby fry to someone and he shipped me breather bags to ship them in. The web site said do not double bag in breather bags (No gas exchange) with double bagging. Contact the person that you got the bags from if they leak. They should refund you and send you new bags. I would test them like the other person said before shipping to make sure they do not leak for safety.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I remember reading at Kordon's site not to double bag them too. There's not even any airspace between the bags when you do that, it's like saran wrap against saran wrap. Good that you're not having issues from doubling them up.

jacklmoore

AC Members
Sep 4, 2009
I just wanted to follow up on this thread: I recently started on a new batch of Kordon bags and they are thicker than the ones I originally posted about (which ended up having a lot of holes in them). I think I must have just gotten a bad run after all.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I just wanted to follow up on this thread: I recently started on a new batch of Kordon bags and they are thicker than the ones I originally posted about (which ended up having a lot of holes in them). I think I must have just gotten a bad run after all.

Maybe the person who sold you the bags just sent you all their duds? :Angel:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store