Kribs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
kribs.........

just got a pair of kribs from my lfs...

i have a pair of african butterfly cichlids....

as i dont have a quarantine tank i had to put them straight in.....

you should see how the butterflys have coloured up!!!

beautiful!!

wish i had a cam to post!!

:D

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
30 gallon....

i think one of the kribs thinks it a butterfly...lol...
it wont leave em alone, the others deciding which cave to live in....

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
KRIBS ARE AWESOME!!!

I have 2 mated pairs of kribs, both in separate tanks. I pair finally has fre swimming fry. Very very neat show they put on with their fry!! I feed all of my fish Tetra Select Tropical Crisps. They love it!! The babies will eat it too!! Anywho, they are very easy to keep and will somewhat entertain when they see you!! Have fun!!

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
I'll remeber that when I get them. I think I'm gonna try to breed them because the lfs owner said he'd pay me 5 dollars for each baby:D :D :D

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
tropical flake,
sinking pellets,
forzen bloodworm\artemia,
live bloodworm\daphnia(occasionally)

they go crazy when the artemia is added!!!!!

how easy are they to sex???(i wanna make sure ive got one of each!!)

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Firetank: the males are gonna have a slender body and the purple belly doesn't show as much. Also, their dorsol and anal fins will be much longer with the color extending to the end of the fins. Now the females are gonna be much more plumper and have a much deeper purple belly and the dorsol and anal fins will not even reach the tail fin, pllus the color stop after it reaches so far to the end of the dorsol fin. They are pretty much easy to sex; there are m/f pics on the internet to show you how to sex these guys!! Anywho, these guy are great for first time cichlid owners or just to have for breeding. The water conditions are not exactly figured in to keep these guys alive. I have read though that sometimes the pH of the water can affect the gender of the fry. I don't remeber which direction from neutral produces more of each gender. But the fact of having fry is exciting enough!! You will have fun!! Enjoy!

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
You prolly can, but make absolutely sure that they have their own lairs facing away from each other have a bit of a divide so that they really can't see each other very well!!! They may fight with each other during spwaning. It is also best that during spawnig that you take out any dither fish you have. Keeps the parents from being overly stressed. Once I took out my red eyed tetras, the babies were explorig more of the tank and getting closer to the top of the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store