L-183 starlight bristlenose pleco care?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
here are the pics! sorry about the quality... all i had was my phone. as you can see... (s)he's tiny!pleco 1.jpgpleco 2.jpgpleco 4.jpgpleco 3.jpgpleco 5.jpg i'm thinking i'm going to grow him/her out to about three inches in the ten... i'm afraid such little fish would get lost in the 29. i'll work on finding some wood for him/her, and try some peat in order to lower the Ph. so far (s)he seems really friendly... (s)he's been out a lot. :)

pleco 1.jpg pleco 5.jpg pleco 3.jpg pleco 4.jpg pleco 2.jpg

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
yeah they're fun fish to have, they eat continually so if you can see the food you can see the fish lol

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
I've got some zucchini in there, (s)he just hasn't found it yet. :) I'm just leaving it raw this first time because A. That's how the guy I bought the fish from feeds it, and B. It'll last longer while (s)he figures out where it is. :)

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
both good reasons...I only feed it raw, otherwise its just too messy and everybody else in the tank insists on getting in on the snacking.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Cool!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, I'm noticing (s)he's hanging out behind the heater a lot... The temp is at 77... Also, replaced the zucchini. I think (s)he found it, but I replaced it anyways. I put it in the same spot so (s)he'll always be able to figure out where it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store