L239s came in

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
405 fish :D

tongs in fountain valley also had good prices on stuff and several different kinds of dwarf shrimp

AquaGem

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Kzoo Michigan
Real Name
Tori
wow they are lovely :hearts: great pics! Sorry to hear about the loss, but I'm glad the others seem to be doing well!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
so far so good. theyre so covered in ich right now. i feel so bad for them. but they are acting quite perky other than being covered in tiny white dots.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Geez, it seems you just went thru this with your first one! What makes them so susceptible to ich?

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
i dunno. they arent super hardy. a lot of people lose them in the first few months. to get one to live in your tank for more than 6 months seems to be an accomplishment. i was reading up on planetcatfish that some people have gone through several with no success. i think its just stress. when they get stressed, their immune systems go kaput. plus they are wild caught; no telling what was present when they came in

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Well you go girl! :thm: Good luck with these two, they are in the best of hands!

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
i hope so. i still feel like a noob after 4 years. the nice thing is that there are plenty of anwers to my questions here that at least i dont have to ask my noob questions out loud. i go look first ;)

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Since L239's are Panaques do they eat wood? I'm thinking part of the problem may be with the symbiotic bacteria in their gut. Between lack of food in transit and holding tanks, and any medications that may be used, they may lose some or even all of the necessary bugs.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
they are not panaques. that is their common name and it is wrong. they are baryancistrus beggini. i have them in with wood now and they are pooping and eating. ok, were. the male died at some point today.:cry:

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Jenn I am so sorry! You say they are wild. Have they gone through any kind of parasite treatments before the seller sells them? Wild plecos are tough....being plucked from their natural environment to begin a rough journey to several new places and new tanks. It has to be gigantically stressful for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store